Directions to Camp Schmitt
- Take Dulles Toll Road to the end. Take Rt. 7 to Rt. 81
- Take I 81 North
- Take Exit #317, US 11 (Martinsburg Pike).
Left at bottom of off ramp on US 11. After about a half mile bear right to ...
- Take Route 37 to US 522 (N Fredrick Pike).
- Go North on Rt. 522 (away from Winchester) about 15 miles
- Left onto Rt. 127 (Well marked intersection). Proceed along this as it
turns into Route 29 until you come to the Slanesville Mall (consisting of
a pizza parlor and general store on the right side of the road-do not blink).
- From Slanesville General Store go about 2 miles to Voits Rd on the right
(a school bus stop is just before).
- Turn on to Voits and go about ½ mile to a 4 way intersection (Old Martinsburg
- Turn left at Old Martinsburg Rd.
about ½ to ¾ of a mile you will enter the forest. About
¼ of a mile from the edge of the forest (just before an uphill curve to
the right then left) there is a woods road with a chain across it supported
by two white poles (the chain should be down if someone is there). Enter
here and drive into the field.
If you have a GPS unit, input the following coordinates: +39° 21' 7.56",
-78° 34' 47.08" ( 39.352099, -78.579744
Please note: In case of emergency, the official address of the property is: 2277 Old Martinsburg Grade Road, Augusta, WV 26704
When returning, this
intersection is often confusing. Follow signs to US11, making a left, first
light after going under the bridge, off Rt. 522 onto Rt. 37. Proceed about 3
miles following signs to US 81. The entrance to US 81 South is just past the